American Girl dolls are one of my favorite things. Not for me, of course, but for my three girls. Samantha, Kirsten, and Kit all live happily under our roof. But one of my un-favorite things is the price of everything associated with them. That’s why I decided to be creative and see if I could make some American Girl doll clothes.
Samantha, who has lived here longest, has quite a wardrobe already. At daughter #2’s request, I made a “summer dress” for Kirsten. Kit only arrived in May, and the poor child has only 2 outfits. So, most of my effort this Christmas was for her. My daughter loved Kit’s school dress and overalls in the American Girl catalog:
I loved the apron for Kit, but didn’t want to shell out $34 for it:
So, I got to work. I bought an easy pattern on sale for .99 and used that to make the dresses and overalls. I created the apron pattern – not as hard as it seems because it’s basically just one piece and not something that would need to “fit” like a dress or pants. I was very pleased with the results!
Note on the shoes: Michael’s, using a 40% off coupon. Cheap and cute!